Monkey's surgery went fairly well. It was delayed over two hours which is never good with a hungry two year old. He gave them a scare when he began to wake up because he had a bronchial spasm that made him desat. They had to give him positive pressure to open his airway and breathing treatments to dilate his bronchials in his lungs. They said this is common in preemies. They called it a hyper-reactive airway. I will just call it scary.
He had a hard time waking up, but other than that, he is doing well. The surgeon gave him a shot of steroids and I was so lucky that they kicked in about 9:00 last night. He was like an amped up animal. I hate steroids. He finally fell asleep next to me in bed watching Dumbo. Got to love Disney. They have seen me through what could have been many sleepless nights.
M did go yesterday and it was okay until the day had drawn on a little too long and then he really started to annoy me. It felt weird to sit beside him and worry for our son, but feel no connection or love for him. It is all so strange to me, this moving on.
I took another big step today. I met with the woman who is going to establish my single hood and get my life moving in the right direction. The next few days should be interesting as M learns what I have done. I know he doesn't expect me to do anything. He is very wrong. He is going to be pissed and I know I will feel the wrath, but these are the repercussions of his choices, not mine. I will do whatever I must do to protect my son and provide him with the best life possible. It felt liberating today. I didn't even shed a single tear. I know I have made the right choice. I hope I feel this okay with it when it all comes out in the open and he responds. I am very afraid that this will get ugly.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Sorry I missed the surgery date. I'm so glad Monkey is ok and recovered fairly well! Good for you for taking action. We'll be here when the you know what hits the fan. (if it does)
Good luck in the days ahead. I am sure things seem scary, but please know that to those of us following your journey, you are very brave for even imagining a happier life for you and Monkey, let alone taking steps to make it happen.
I'm glad monkey's surgery went well.
I think you're very brave and strong for making the steps that you have. You've had to choose between certain unhappiness and an uncertain but hopeful future.
M has made choices too. Perhaps he'll see that one day.
I'm glad the surgery went well.
Make sure to build up your support system. It makes a huge difference. (The people I thought would support me most were too busy with their own lives, I was pleasantly surprised by others.)
I think where you are now is the worst, but there are still hard times ahead of you. Make sure to get the support when you need it!
I'm glad that Monkey's surgery went over all well. Saying a prayer for him- and for you- during this difficult time.
Glad to hear all went well with monkey, even when there was a scare in there.
Am glad to hear you are taking steps.
As sad and as hard as all of this is for you, you sound a tiny bit stronger.
I think of you and Monkey alot.
Post a Comment