We went for the test today. First off, I love this doctor! He is awesome. That is huge since I don't really think any doctor is awesome. He actually seemed to know what he was talking about, was nice, actually listened, and wasn't terrible looking (nothing wrong with eye candy and I deserve that!). We did the testing and it wasn't that bad. I was very surprised that Monkey didn't have more than a mild reaction. The doctor said that was good, but that in a couple of years that could definitely change.
We had to have blood drawn and that woman is lucky she escaped with her life. She poked him and then just kept fishing around in his arm for the vein. What is it with these people? Do they think that would feel good if I did that to them? She seemed to notice I was getting pissed and found another lady to do it. She was good. One poke and the blood was drawn. They are testing him for a immune deficiency. We have done part of these test before and it was negative, but apparently there are more. I have forced myself to not look online to see what this would mean if they come back and he has the deficiency. I don't want to know right now. My brain can't handle anymore worries.
The bad part of my day (besides a small room for 3 hours with M in it) was that I discovered that there were alternatives to the PICC line. Either my ped doesn't know about these other options or he felt it wasn't best at the time. They make a new kind of nebulizer that can put the steroids (aka baby crack) and the antibiotic directly in his sinuses without all of the side effects and the risk of resistance to the oral ones. I don't want to know I put him through that and it wasn't necessary. Maybe it was, I don't know. It was just terrible and I would have tried anything else to avoid it. We will get the nebulizer once Monkey has his surgery next week and they can culture his sinuses to determine what is causing the problem. One more big hurdle and maybe we are on the road to feeling better.
Thanks for all of your good thoughts. My interview is tomorrow. Cross your fingers!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You did it - got some eye candy and mangaged not to commit hommacide! Well Done!
Tomorrow????? Wow!!!
I'm glad the day went better than expected. Getting poked sucks. I have my blood drawn a lot and I really hate the times where it's 5 or 6 pokes and still nothing. I can't imagine being Monkey's age and going through that. He's a strong little boy.
Fingers crossed and prayers said for tomorrow!!! Good luck!!!
Wow. If you need any help with the immune deficiency stuff, give me a shout.
I hope everything good happens for you.
Truly.
Post a Comment