Here I am standing with one foot out the door and I just can't quite seem to get that other foot to move. I know deep down what I have to do. I am just not so sure about how I do it. I am scared. I am sad. My life as I know it is over.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I have been where you are to a certain point. Meaning wanting my husband to change and realize what he had staring him in the face and wanting to leave and get on with my life. Taking that last step was the hardest step I ever took. I swallowed my pride and took help from my family. That was 8 years ago, there were rough times but my son and I are better people for the choices I made. God Bless You and your Sons.
Oh - wow - your moment has finally come. As you said, you know what is best for you and for Monkey. It won't be easy - none of this has been - but it will be worth it. xoxow
And a new life will begin. I haven't commented before, but have followed you for a while. The thing that has struck me most is that I haven't seen any glimmer of M making any changes or showing any love or kindness towards you. I know how hard it is to give up on a dream/image of how it should be, but I truly believe you don't deserve the sadness and unhappiness that has come through your writing. While the decision point is excruciating I am sure that you will come through this and create a life for you and your son that is happier and better than now.
6 comments:
I have been where you are to a certain point. Meaning wanting my husband to change and realize what he had staring him in the face and wanting to leave and get on with my life. Taking that last step was the hardest step I ever took. I swallowed my pride and took help from my family. That was 8 years ago, there were rough times but my son and I are better people for the choices I made. God Bless You and your Sons.
Sometimes that first step is the hardest.
You are often in my thoughts.
I'm so sorry this is what it's come to.
Oh - wow - your moment has finally come. As you said, you know what is best for you and for Monkey. It won't be easy - none of this has been - but it will be worth it. xoxow
And a new life will begin. I haven't commented before, but have followed you for a while. The thing that has struck me most is that I haven't seen any glimmer of M making any changes or showing any love or kindness towards you. I know how hard it is to give up on a dream/image of how it should be, but I truly believe you don't deserve the sadness and unhappiness that has come through your writing. While the decision point is excruciating I am sure that you will come through this and create a life for you and your son that is happier and better than now.
I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you and sending you my prayers.
Post a Comment