Monday, February 2, 2009

Monkey

I don't have much to say today and I am trying to make myself take more pictures of Monkey, so I thought I would share them with you. He is growing so fast and I don't want to realize later that I didn't take enough pictures. I also got a new camera for Christmas, but haven't really played with it enough to figure out how to work it.

Must hold on tight. These wild giraffes often buck.

Only boys get eyelashes like these. OMG!!


We took advantage of a warm January day and went to the park. The slides were great fun until he face planted coming off of it. This is obviously the before picture.


The ducks and geese even braved the ice to feast on the bread
Monkey brought to feed them with.




What could be more funny than making shadow puppets on the table at the restaurant while we waited for dinner. Forget toys, this was way more fun.


I swear he looks about 5 in this one. It kills me that he looks
like a little boy now. Where did my baby go?

3 comments:

Cara said...

I hear you - oh - how I hear you. And, yes he does have that "older" look about him. I wonder if that, plus the killer lashes will never get him carded?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I take SOOOOOOO many picutres of my girls, for just that reason. But then, I wonder if I'm missing participating in the fun because I am behind the blasted camera all the time.

Oh - the guilt of parenting after loss. Hang in...he looks pretty happy. You are doing lots of things right!

xoxo

Tash said...

Wow, He does look 5 there. Amazing how time goes fast and slow at the same time.

Sorry I'm late chiming in on parenting guilt, but please go easy on you. Parenting is hard in the best of circumstances. Moms with no troubles often find themselves acting like zombies herding ankle-biting monsters. It's just that much worse when you have other stuff hanging over your head. Sometimes a small break from it all -- even just a coffee or a facial -- can recharge you for a few and make you feel just a bit more attentive. It's incredibly hard to parent like this. I was a zombie for the entirety of '07. I have no idea where that year went for me or Bella.

Anonymous said...

Monkey is gorgeous.
Just gorgeous.