Monkey is sick again. It started with a low grade fever intermittently over the last few weeks. Then the runny nose started. Now, it is like glue in his little head. We saw the pediatrician yesterday and we landed ourselves another round of antibiotics. I feel so bad for him. Enough is enough.
To top it off, I keep chasing him around with the suction machine trying to get all of that junk out of his head. The suction machine is the greatest invention ever. Screw those stupid bulb syringes you get at the hospital. This thing is like a vacuum cleaner with a tiny end to get all of the yucky out of their noses. When Monkey is in a good mood, he will actually use it himself. When he is mad, he hates it. Either way, it makes him feel better.
I felt so bad for him yesterday. He made a direct hit with the dining room table while chasing the dog and now has great, big goose egg. It is a wonderful black and blue color. I am sure that gave him a headache in addition to the pounding one from the infection. Poor kid would bend over to pick a toy up and get dizzy from the pressure in his head and the fluid in his ears.
I am hoping that our upcoming surgery will take care of some of this. I hate that he is constantly sick. Even on a good day, he is not 100%. We also see the allergist soon, so I am hoping they can help get his allergies under control before spring hits.
Hopefully, this antibiotic works and we don't have anymore visits to the hospital. I no longer take it for granted that a sinus infection is not a big deal. When hospitals and PICC lines are involved it is huge.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I just can't even count the number of times I have read "Hospital" on your posts these last months. YES - its a big freakin deal and of course you want to avoid it.
Poor monkey - feel better!
Hugs,
It's awful when hey are sick. For them and for you.
I hope monkey feels better soon.
Post a Comment