Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monkey speaks!

My dear sister, Monkey's beloved Aunt KK, has taught that crazy kid a new word (actually a couple), but this is the one that has stuck. We could learn things like milk and yes, but that would be too simple.

"FANTATIC!" (Fantastic for those of us who do not speak Monkey).

It is so funny. He yells it and then falls to the floor laughing hysterically at himself. So much for speech therapy, apparently I need to move my sister the 3 hours west so she can continue to teach him new words.

He also has mastered "bootiful" (i.e. beautiful). He kills me because he will only say it with both hands on his cheeks with is head tilted as if he is flirting with you.

If I am not careful, his next words will probably be four letter ones that I don't really want to hear, but hey, when you want your kid to speak, you take any words that they will say.

___________________________________________________

We have finally made the decision. Monkey will have his adenoids out and tubes in his ears next month. Needless to say, I am terrified of my baby having surgery. I know it is for the best. No more infections and definitely no more PICC lines. I wouldn't want him to have to go through that ever again. We have put off the idea of scoping him for the reflux and milk allergies until later. We will see the allergist next month also so I am hoping he will have some ideas.

2 comments:

Cara said...

HOORAY! for words, whatever they are, and for decisions. It always feels good to have a good plan.

Monkey - you are bootiful!

Anonymous said...

Hugs. It's scary when you put your baby in for surgery. Especially Monkey.
I was petrified when I had ivy's adenoids done, not so much for the surgery ut for what I had been through and knew I couldn't do it again, what I had experienced before.
Hugs and yay on Monkey's words.