Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick again..

Monkey is sick again. Yesterday I felt triumphant when they removed the PICC line and said it looked like the infection was gone. Even though he started running a fever Wednesday. They said it was viral. It would have to be with all the antibiotics running through his little body. Monkey sounds like a little, croaky frog. He has croup.

I knew it last night when I heard that little, raspy voice and hoarse cry. The coughing started this morning so I took him to the doctor we just saw 4 days ago. It is definitely croup. We started him on breathing treatments and steroids. Hopefully, it will not get too bad. This put us in the hospital last year at his time. When does Monkey and myself for that matter get a break?

That's it. I am putting him in a bubble...that should keep him healthy. Right?

1 comment:

Cara said...

bubbles are good, sometimes. Unfortunately, going back and forth to the hospital makes for difficulty in containing all those worldly germs.

Poor boy. Poor mom.