Monday, November 10, 2008

He is not so okay...

It has been a roller coaster ride the last few days. Make that five to be exact. Monkey was admitted to the hospital Thursday. I made him a Dr's appointment because after 4 days on an antibiotic for an ear and sinus infection he was not getting better. The doctor listened to the cough and told me to take him to the hospital. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I hate that place. The pediatric floor is where Noah died. Having my living child there makes me sick. I stepped foot for the first time in the room where he died. I felt nothing. What does that mean? I have dreaded for almost two years that we be back in that room and nothing. It is just a room. That makes me sad. I wanted to feel him there, but why would he be there? It is a stupid thought.

Monkey is doing better. Pneumonia was ruled out, but he has a nasty sinus infection that is still present after 5 days of IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, IV steroids, inhaled steroids, and breathing treatments. I thought we would be coming home today, but the pediatrician thought we would stay. I will do what is best for him, but being in a small room for 5 days with a 2 year old is making me crazy. They are talking about a PIC line and coming back for the antibiotics on an outpatient basis. Hopefully, this is not needed. He also needs his adenoids out and tubes in his ears. They will also culture his sinus when they do that to see why the antibiotics aren't clearing up the infection. I haven't decided when to do this. Putting him under anesthesia really scares me.

We also had the echo done today. It looks OK, but we won't really know until the cardiologist reads it. Cross your fingers. They did say that it looks like some blood back flows from one chamber to another, but they don't really treat it. So I guess that it positive. Nothing major as of yet. Monkey also had a head CT to check his sinuses. I wanted to ask if they would look at his brain. Does he have PMG (polymicrogyria) lurking like Noah? I know another stupid thought...

Send us good thoughts. Just maybe we will come home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh My ... I don't know how much more you are expected to endure. Are you alone? Do you have family to come and let you walk, or take a break? I hate to ask...but is your husband helping at all?

It is so important that you take care of yourself, even in the smallest of ways.

Would you be ok emailing me your address? I want to send you something. If not, my love and cyber ((hugs)) will have to do!

xoxo