Friday, October 3, 2008
Trust
How do you ever really trust someone who betrayed you in the biggest of ways? Does it happen over time? Do you just wake up one day and suddenly believe in this person again? Is it a choice? If I make that choice will these feelings of hurt and anger subside? Does learning to trust again go hand in hand with forgiveness? If so, how do I forgive when still feeling the above mentioned hurt and anger? What if secretly, I want that person to suffer just a fraction of the pain they have imposed on me? Does that make me a bad person? I just don't know how to do this. I don't know that they are truly sorry and that makes it even harder to forgive. How will I ever truly feel safe again? How will I ever have faith in that person? I just don't know what to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Whew - these are some tough questions and I hope you are doing a little better this week.
Praying you find the perspective you are looking for, even if it means you can't forgive.
I stuck it out after trust had been breached and only succeeded in putting myself through so much more pain because of it.
Post a Comment