Sunday, October 12, 2008

One breath at a time

I am here holding on. I am trying to survive one breath at a time. I feel like I am back standing in that hospital room trying to figure out how to say goodbye to my son. This time I am trying to figure out how to say goodbye to my husband. The unknown is so scary. I have been with him since I was 17. I was just a kid and I have never been on my own. I can do this. I just need a plan. I just don't know where to start. Everything is just so out of control.

Thank you for all of your thoughts. It means more than I can say. Just to know someone somewhere understands and does not judge.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Antigone said...

It's terrifying I know. And there's no easy way through it. It's going to hurt for a long time, but the pain will ease.

Sue said...

When I first lost my boys, and was wondering what to do, how to live this new life, my sister reminded me to take it one step at a time. Literally: Left foot. Right foot. Left foot.

Sometimes it helps.

We will be here with you.

Cara said...

Always thinking of you.

Heather said...

I think one breath at a time is the best way to think right now.

You're in my thoughts. Be good to yourself.