Thursday, September 25, 2008
The wait begins..
I am so proud of Monkey. He was such a big boy today. There were some tears, but bubbles and mini M&M's saw him through. The chest x-ray, which I was most worried about wasn't so bad. He was able to stand while they did it instead of being put in a pigastat (a terrible contraption used to hold them still). The EKG was interesting. They put 10 leads on him. Monkey hates sticky stuff so he really didn't appreciate some strange women putting stickers all over him. The actual test itself was very quick, but all of the leads were scary for him. The tears quickly subsided and we checked out the fish in the waiting room before leaving. The hard part for Monkey is over, but it is just starting for me. It will be at least a week before we hear anything back. We live in a mid size town without a pediatric cardiologist so it gets sent away. A week. My imagination could go wild in a week and all of my wonderful research on the web will just fuel the fire. I am really trying to not look. I want to believe them that is it nothing and not worry. I did that once. It didn't work out very well. Please send us good thoughts, prayers, whatever works for you. I am running a little low on faith right now, so can I borrow some of yours? Does God or whoever is deciding our fate still listen even when we haven't been speaking lately? I'll say a prayer tonight that Noah is at peace and Monkey will be ok. Maybe it will be heard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I am happy to give you some of my faith, and will be praying for you and your sons tonight.
Feel free to whatever portion of my faith you need, in fact I volunteer my whole church's - there is more than enough for all of us.
I will pray, I will cry and I will believe that Monkey is safe and staying in your arms!
Post a Comment