This is the wallpaper I took out of the bathroom. For some reason, I had to keep a piece. I am going to put it in a frame and hang it somewhere where no one will notice. It will serve as a reminder of how far I have come. Sometimes there is beauty in what is old and battered. You just have to look beyond the scars and wrinkles to see it. The bathroom is down to the studs. It is all gone. I love watching it all get put back together, all shiny and new.
Tearing out these old walls was the best therapy I have had in some time. Who knew all I needed was hammer, some sweat, and just a few tears to feel a whole lot better?
The kitchen now....
What the kitchen will be...
When I first walked into this house I had a feeling it was the one. It is actually the exact same floor plan of the first house I remember as a child. In a way, I knew I was home. Instead of sad memories of my old life, I looked around and remembered the happy moments of my childhood. I could close my eyes and see my family gathered around the dinner table. I could hear the laughter of my siblings and feel the love of my parents. It is just the place to raise Monkey. It will be our home full of love and laughter. In a way, I am coming full circle. I am home again.





10 comments:
It's great. I love that old wallpaper as well.
I'm sure it will be just the place for you and Monkey xx
I think this is a wonderful project and is a physical reminder of where you were, what you've done to get here, and where you will go. You will make it, sister. And Monkey will be there to hold your hand the entire way.
Awesome. I loved reading this post and seeing the pictures. What an incredible journey. Good for YOU!!
Wow -- reading this post, seeing the pictures, and hearing your hopeful, futuristic tone is like music to my ears.
You have come so far. You have done so much you didn't think you could do...
Well done mama. Well done monkey.
That's really all that matters -- the bones, and that you can feel them. I, for one, think it looks wonderful. House projects, even the small ones, are very gratifying. Hang in there, you two. Home will come.
Love, love, love the kitchen tile and colors. What a great place to cook! I've been reading for a while, but commenting for the first time. You are one rockin' mama.
When William died I ripped up all the carpet in our house. It was so good.
I am loving you little house and am loving sharing this journey with you.
You are an amazing mother. Monkey is going to have a wonderful life with you, filled with love.
I'm so glad you've found your home.
Wow, awesome work!
Now I wish I could generate some enthusiasm of my own for my disheveled place...
Post a Comment