Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It is Official!

It is mine. It is dirty, dark, and smells kind of funny. It is my blank canvas in which to create my safe haven. I signed on the dotted line (or like ten of them) and I am officially a homeowner. I did it all by myself. Granted signing the papers is the easy part, now I have to work and make the payments. Each month when I write that check, I will know I have survived. I will know that I have succeeded at giving Monkey a loving home.

In a few months and after lots of sweat (probably some tears), this ugly house will be transformed into my home. I tore out the carpets immediately to see what the wood floors held beneath. Besides a few blemishes, they will be beautiful after some tender loving care. They are worn and tired, but with some stain and polish they will shine again.

This house is a new start. I am hoping as I find it's secrets and all it has to offer. Just maybe I will find myself along the way. I know just how she feels. Years of wear and tear can take it out of you and make you look a little rough around the edges. With a little love and attention, a transformation can happen. Wipe away the dust and just maybe the beauty will shine though.

9 comments:

Cibele said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you. Cheers for a new start

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful way to express your journey. You are a strong, wonderful woman. I hope the weekend wasn't has horrible as you had imagined. I'm so sorry for all you've had to endure.

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear a little pep in your "voice"! You can DEFINITELY do this. Congratulations and many, many happy years in your new home!!

Kate said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts. Do things one day at a time and before you know it you'll get there.

Which Box said...

Yes! It will be hard, difficult work, and sometimes it will seem insurmountable, but you can do it. I know you can.

Am I doing okay? said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news. Your strength is inspiring.

Tash said...

Yup! I can't wait to hear all about it.

There will be tears. In fact, piece of assvice, hire someone else to take down wallpaper. Just . . . do it.

Your home will be wonderful and warm. Congratulations!

Sue said...

Definitely a new start! Congratulations!

Hoping your new house soon becomes a wonderful home for you and Monkey.

Hummingbirdindy said...

Yeah for new starts.

I had a similar connection to my house post divorce. Mine, did it myself to provide for my kids, and did it despite the s*$thead.

The only thing that was missing was some ashes to sprinkle in the garden. But my angel babies are here in spirit.