Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It is over

Yesterday was a big day. I walked into that court room and watched the world as I knew it officially stop. I didn't cry. I didn't even flinch. I just sat there as the judge said our divorce was granted. He didn't even look at me. It is all over. No more.

I know that there will sad and lonely days ahead, but I am looking forward. I will begin building a life for Monkey and I. I will forget about him and our life. He has made his choice and I am determined to not let him ruin anymore of my life. Today I can take on the world. Tomorrow may be different, but I will deal with that when I need to.

I capped off the day by making a bold move. I bought a house. It is all mine and I get to do with it whatever I want. I can paint the walls hot pink if I want (I won't, but I could) and no one can tell me not to. It is the most frightening and exciting thing I have done in a long while. It is a new beginning. Monkey and I will make it a home. There is lots of work to be done, but I am looking at it as therapy. I will use this new home as a way to find me. I am going to fill it with only things I love and that make me happy.

I survived what I thought was impossible. I can do this on my own. It is in my control to find happiness. The real journey begins now...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - congratulations on buying a house. It will be an awesome place for you and Monkey and I am sure it will be beautiful and peaceful and home.

I'm sorry about your divorce - that is never something anyone expects to have to go through. You are a very strong woman though and I know you will take what you need from this and move on. Look at all you've already done. You're a rock star!

PS - my word verification is "filch" - I don't know how I feel about that...

Sophie said...

"I am going to fill it with only things I love and that make me happy."

What a wonderful idea and a brave step forward!

Michele said...

You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.

I'm sorry about the road you've walked up to this point, but each day is a new day, each step the possible first of a new journey. You have Monkey... You have a home... These are beautiful things. I have faith in you.

G$ said...

Grats on the house, and to a lesser extent, the divorce. He doesn't deserve you.

Hang in there hun, you can do hard things.

(here via L&F)

Tash said...

This is the most inspirational thing I have read in a long, long time.

Best to both of you. Keep head and paintbrush held high.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Here from LFCA, sending you the best as you settle into your new home w/your son.

elizabeth said...

so sorry that you are going through such a painful time.

Cara said...

Wow - I have not heard that kind of conviction and hope in your voice - well, ever.

Congrats on your new life, your healthy son and your new home.

You deserve it.

ME! said...

Keep you head up, and continue to be a strong woman. Congrats on the house. I am sorry you are going through this, but you seem like an awesome woman/mother.

here from LFCA

battynurse said...

Here from LFCA. I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say but I wish you healing and happiness. I hope you enjoy your house whatever color you paint it.

tiff said...

Congratulations on the new house and the beginning of your new life. You? Are AMAZING.

I think that one room should be hot pink, it speaks so much of your own empowerment, your conviction to yours and Monkey's happiness. Whenever I see hot pink walls, i'll think of you.