It eludes me. It tempts me into its safety and then runs away. I crave it, take drugs for it, and yet it still doesn't visit.
It has been weeks since I have had a full nights sleep. Either I can't stop the never ending tape of what is happening and I become so angry that I should just explode or I fall asleep to only dream of the reality I live each day. I am considering another visit to the doctor. Maybe there are better drugs. Ones that allow you to sleep, but not dream. Maybe there is something that will bring a happy dream. Is there a pill to swallow that would summon my sweet boy to come and visit? I could really use that right now.
I manage to get up in the morning and function, but my midday my mind is shit. If it wasn't the stress, I would swear I have ADD. I can't concentrate on anything for longer than a few minutes before I am totally distracted in something else. Usually it is my own thoughts on just how shitty this all is. I am trying not to dwell, but sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself and wonder how I ended up here. This place sucks.
_____________________________________________________
We finally have worked out a parenting plan. At least until tomorrow when my attorney drops the bomb on him of what he will be paying in child support and maintenance. He is going to shit himself. Let's just say a very large portion of each of his paycheck's will be making it's way into my checking account. Let's see how easy it is for him to support super slut and her spawn on the measly amount left over. He as piled up the debt over the last year while we were separated and I can't wait to watch him squirm as he figures out how to pay me, his debt, his slut, and for his own living expenses. Maybe karma has finally come to visit in the form of garnishments. Money seems to be the only thing that hurts him anyway.
Unfortunately, in my state the courts don't really care about the cheating, lying, and immoral behavior. He still gets his visitation. Fuck me. It is now my job for the rest of Monkey's life to undo all of the damage that the son of a bitch will do to him. Apparently the courts do not care unless your child is being beaten and even then it must be questionable. M will still get Monkey over some weekends and during some evenings. I have restricted his time as much as I am able. He has very limited overnight visits as I want my sweet boy tucked into his bed each night where I know he is safe and loved. Once the spawn arrives, I am sure that M won't have much need for Monkey. It is sad to say that, but probably true.
I asked the ass last night why he just doesn't move. Do your kid a favor and save him the embarrassment of you. He actually admitted that he is considering it because his friends just can't seem to forgive his behavior. I wonder why? Maybe because they have more morals? I can only hope and pray that he leaves. It would be a blessing for both Monkey and I.
_______________________________________________
Thank you for all of your kind words and profanity laced jabs at the asshole. It is nice to know that I am not walking this pot hole filled road all alone. It sucks right now. I am tired and beaten down, but I have a whole world in front of me. All of this divorce shit should be over soon and I get my house next week. I am really excited to start building a home for Monkey and I.
By the way, Happy Blogoversary to me tomorrow. Sadly, I haven't made it as far as I had hoped in a year. A year ago, I was wrapped up in my grief of losing Noah and trying to make sense of M's departure. Now, I have learned how to make it on my own despite the shit storm that hit this year. This last year can kiss my ass. May the next year be better and full of happy Monkey laughs.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. HUGSSSSSSSSSSS. I hope he leaves
it's no wonder his friends cant forgive him- he's a jack@ss!
Sending you and Monkey prayers...
So sorry for all this. One piece of advice (hope it's not too unwanted) -- the bad thing about him moving away if he does it is having to send your son away for longer stretches of time to make up for all those evenings and weekends he wouldn't get from being far away.
Oh hon. You're not alone. You're an amazing mom. And if you need a little help keeping it together and keeping the anxiety in check over the next few weeks (months!), don't beat yourself up. Ask for help. Anything to help you function through this rough spot.
You sound so positive about the new house -- it's more than a house you know, it's a home. It's a new life. For both of you. Hang tough.
You know, it doesn't sound like he's the type to stick around. Be generous in your visitation, and you probably won't have to deal with it anyway. I'm glad you will soon be free.
I'm sure you've made it farther in this past year than you would ever have imagined. You're doing so well, and next year you will be even better.
I've just sobbed my way through your archives. You are superwoman. I cannot believe how much you have survived this past year, and how you keep moving forward. It takes tremendous courage. Hang in there. And take care of yourself.
Amazing...you are truly amazing! I tear up reading your blog...tears for the sadness and tears for your strength. I hope this ass moves and leaves you and Monkey to make a happy family.
If I were closer, I promise you I'd pay a nice visit to this guy. And then he'd leave you alone.
I'm so sorry, dude. You're not alone. The Internet has your back and I will cut him if I can.
It's kind of nice to hear that his friends won't forgive him. Sometimes it seems to me that men will forgive each other anything.
Better times are coming for you. Try to fall asleep to THAT thought. . .and to imagining the amazing things your future holds.
"in my state the courts don't really care about the cheating, lying, and immoral behavior. He still gets his visitation."
Unfortunately this is the case in MY great state as well (& probably most of the states of the Union!). There's no easy way to get through it - just provide the safest, most loving environment you can for Monkey when he's w/YOU! As others have said, once the reality of the financial burden starts to become real to him & The Slut dominos, he will fade away. (That's what everyone told me about MY ex - be generous w/visitation, he'll get tired of it & fade away - but unfortunately it never happened.)
Post a Comment