It feels as if I have been away from this safe haven for much too long. It has been a week, yet enough has happened to fill up the year. Where do I start?
Monkey had entirely too many appointments this week. Tuesday was our visit with the immunologist. He received pnuemovax and then the doctor had the nerve to tell me that we would just wait and see how he did. Really? I'll cut him some slack because he doesn't know that is not the kind of parent I am. He told me if he gets sick again, we will test and them consider immuno globulin therapy whether it be shots or IVIG. I think I may have put my fingers in my ears and began singing in my rather off key voice quite loudly. (Ok, maybe that was just what I was imagining.) I can't think about that. I have too much else on my plate. I can't deal with the what ifs which takes me back to the testing after the shot. He doesn't want to subject him to anymore needles than necessary because the shot may take care of it. I figure I have had to do much worse to him than have his blood drawn so do the test. I may have call them back. I need a definitive answer if there is one to be had.
On Wed, Monkey saw the ENT and he thought he looked good. The surgery was a success and I can tell it has helped. His color is much better and the congestion is actually going away. The cultures revealed that the bacteria was rather common in his sinus' and felt that it should finally be under control. We'll see. I won't believe that until we go at least a month without an illness.
Today was synagis day. Translation being one really long sucky day. Nothing like schlepping a 30lb two year old through the hospital when he drops like dead weight at the door. He wouldn't budge. He knew exactly why we were there so he decided to make it as difficult as possible to get to the pediatric floor. Once we finally arrived, we waited over an hour for the pharmacy to send up that liquid gold (our insurance was billed over $10,000 for the last one). Then we waited another hour and a half so we could go home after those two giant shots. Good news is that is only one shot left for this season and then Monkey will be free of synagis forever.
M was served Friday with the divorce papers. He was rather unhappy as I suspected with the custody arrangement. I received the response from his attorney yesterday and lets just say he must have fallen and hit his head or he is on some kind of drug. He is asking for things that I am pretty sure I will never allow to happen. He wants more time after he tells me that he can't afford the child support. Really? And to top it off, he is on a ski trip. You can afford vacation, but not your child. Also, the fact that he had a fit about going to Monkey's appointment Tues, but could care less about the other two because he was going skiing. See how it works? This is my life. The hearing for temporary order is Monday so I can only hope that the judge will see it my way.
The good news of the week is that I got offered the job I interviewed for what seems like ages ago. We are still negotiating salary, but I will take it whether or not she comes back with more money. Didn't hurt to ask. It is close to Monkey's new daycare (which by the way is awesome). I am going to take this as my sign that I can do this on my own. I am doing this. So much is changing so fast, but I have faith it is going to work out. I know there is a long road ahead for me in dealing with all that has happened, but I will cross that road later after I have things settled for Monkey. He is what matters. I am doing all of this for him.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Keeping everything crossed for Monkey and for you.(Surely the judge will see it your way).
Happy to hear you got the job.
You are amazing!
Congrats on the job! That is great!
Sending you prayers for your meeting with the judge.
You are doing this. You really are. What a wonderfully strong woman and mother you are.
((hugs))
Post a Comment