Monkey is sick! Actually, I officially feel like Monkey has the plague. He is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (coxsackievirus??). This is what I get for going back to work and putting him in daycare. Another little boy had it about a month ago. Jack got sick then too (just a fever), but now we got the real thing. Poor baby! He has ulcers in his mouth and throat. He points to them as if to say they hurt. All you can do is give Motrin. Our pediatrician says to rinse his mouth with Benadryl and Maloxx. They also advised not to have him swallow it. How does that work exactly?? He is not even 2!
I tend to freak out and over react every time Monkey is sick. I hope I get a grip on that someday in the future. It's a childhood illness, not the end of the world. Thanks to the places like this I can satisfy my need to research and find out all of the horrible things that can result of common childhood illnesses! Someone take away my Internet!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment