Before....
We are beginning day 3 on the pediatric floor and it is amazing what high doses of antibiotics and steroids can do. We came in with a 104 degree fever, raging sinus infection, and developing pneumonia. I had never seen Monkey fight so hard to breath and become ill so very quickly. It started as a little cough over the weekend and exploded into one of our worst episodes overnight.
Monkey has been a trooper. A CT scan, chest x-rays, and a PICC Line later, he barely even flinched. He either is the bravest kid I know or he just felt so rotten that he didn't even care. Watching them take him away to put in the PICC ripped my heart out. I had really hoped it wouldn't come to this again. It has only been 6 weeks since our last hospital visit and he has been on antibiotics ever since. Ironically, the drugs ran out Monday and we were admitted Tuesday morning.
I am fully convinced more than ever, that his immune system just doesn't work. They are running more labs, but it will be a week or so before we know anything. In another two weeks, we will see the new immunologist and I can only pray that he will continue testing until he finds something.
I am guessing we will stay another 3-4 days and keep the PICC another month. Not exactly as I had hoped, but I will do whatever is needed to make my sweet boy feel better. I am thankful tonight that Monkey is beginning to feel better and at least we seem to be on the path to figuring this all out.





2 comments:
That first photo is the saddest "I'm sick and miserable" face ever. I was so relieved to scroll down to happier times and that sweet smile. Here's hoping that you and the doctors are able to figure out how to keep this from happening again.
Sending many positive thoughts your way,
Thea
Oh yeah, you should subtitle that 1st photo: "Misery"
Poor baby, but I'm glad he's feeling better. Hang in there mama!
Post a Comment