"Mama, where is the moon?"
"It's not out yet."
"Mama, Noah is talking to me."
"Really, what is he saying?"
"He says to get him off of the moon."
I only wish I could get him off the moon.
"Monkey, Noah isn't really on the moon. He is an angel in Heaven. Noah is with God."
"Noah loves God. Why is Noah with God?"
"God needed an angel so he grew wings and flew to Heaven."
I don't know what to tell him. I don't dare say Noah was sick as Monkey understands sick. I don't want him to think something will happen to him. How do I explain to a 3 year old what happened to his beloved little brother?
These conversations keep occurring. I am not sure what triggers it for Monkey. We can be in the car, lying in bed, or just playing outside and he starts asking about Noah. It breaks my heart and makes me whole for just a few seconds all at the same time. I love my boys so much. How I long to hold them together just one more time.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Heartbreaking. I wish you could have both your boys here in your arms, together.
I can't even imagine how I'm going to try and explain what happened to my daughter, that she was a twin but her sister died. I just don't know. I can't even explain it to myself sometimes. x
Post a Comment