"Mama, I hear something."
"What do you hear?"
"It's thunder. Mama, the angels are bowling. Noah is bowling." (My Papa used to tell me that when I was little and afraid.)
"Mama, where is Noah?"
"Monkey, Noah is an angel in heaven."
"Where is he?"
"He is like a star in the sky. He is watching over us and sending us his love."
"I want Noah. I miss him. Mama, get him for me."
"Monkey, I can't get him. He is in heaven. I wish I could, but he is an angel now."
Mama, call Mima. She will help you get him."
_____________________________________
"Mama, the moon is out. Noah lives there. He is watching me."
"He is?"
"Yes Mama, he is watching you too."
"Mama, he loves you."
"I love him too."
"Mama, I miss him. Mama, was I an angel too when I was a baby?"
_____________________________________
I don't really know how to answer his questions. It breaks my heart and brings me closer to my lost son all at the same time. I mourn the boy he will never be and the brother that Monkey will never know. He left a void that can never be filled. I miss him. Monkey misses him.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
The missing is the hardest part, I think... although sometimes I think watching other miss them can be just as heartbreaking.
But Monkey is right. He is there... Watching over you...
Heartbreaking yet beautiful thoughts by the lovely little monkey. I love the "angels are bowling" thing. Thanks for sharing....
Oh dear, I can only iamgine how you feel. HUGS
Wow---those are some beautiful conversations...I sit here wiping away tears while I type. Thanks for sharing. *hug*
Post a Comment