Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Two Days

Today I dressed him in a special t-shirt to surprise his dear Aunt upon her arrival to see him. He had a cold, but didn't seem much worse than the day before. The boys played in the jungle gym and we all just visited and held them. Why didn't I know that I only had one day left? I can't remember anything else from that day. Why can't I remember?

I don't know what to do with myself. I dug out the last outfit he ever wore last night. I so desperately wanted it to smell of him. I fell asleep holding that outfit. I slept with it for months after he died. I just needed to feel him.

I just want to lay in the floor and cry. I miss him so much. I go from feeling so sad and empty to just sick. It is so much harder this year. What if I am the only one who remembers him this year? Maybe I am just scared that no one will even notice or say anything to me. A piece of my heart is missing and lies with my dear sweet boy. Can't the world see the hole? Can't they see how broken I am? I am just so alone in all of this.

I am working tomorrow, but I am not sure how to get through the day. Tomorrow is the last day I ever spent with my boy. Noah died on the 17th, but at 3:22 AM. The 16th was the last time I saw his eyes open and felt him relax into me as I held him. Why doesn't the world stop? Mine stopped and damn it, everyone else just keeps moving. I don't want to smile and pretend my world is okay. I want to cry, scream, and just curl up in a ball for just awhile.

Monkey and I are taking the day on Thursday. I don't know really know what we are going to do. I just know I need to hold on to him. Maybe through him, I can feel Noah and maybe Noah can feel me.

Three years. How am I still here? I love him and miss him...

8 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

I will remember.

Cibele said...

Oh dear, I just want to give you a big hug. I will be thinking about you and your boys tomorrow. He can feel you, all your love!

still life angie said...

I will remember too. xo.

Michele said...

You will never be the only one who remembers him. We will always remember too.

Thinking of your sweet Noah... And of you and Monkey and the world he left behind, with a huge vacancy.

Tash said...

Scream, cry, write his name in lights on your house. Do what you need to remember and to get someone -- anyone -- to stop and know about him with you.

And please know that we're all here remembering, too.

Catherine W said...

Thinking of you, Monkey & Noah. Especially today and tomorrow.

I'm so sorry. Just so terribly, terribly sorry.

Which Box said...

thinknig of you all and remembering...

Elizabeth said...

So heartbreaking. The world SHOULD stop and remember Noah.