Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things have been crazy around here. It seems there is something going on everyday and it seems Christmas will be before I have even begun to be ready. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Monkey is loving the tree and twinkling lights. It is so fun to watch him delight in the magic the holiday holds when you are little. I am trying to learn to love this once beloved holiday. I am trying to embrace my grief, the approaching anniversary, and the awe on Monkey's face. He deserves the same magical experience I remember as a child.

Noah's day is fast approaching. Once again, nothing seems worthy to mark the day it all changed. The day I lost part of myself and my beloved son. What I am supposed to do? I took the day off work, but then what? I figured Monkey and I could stay home, drink hot chocolate, and snuggle on the couch, but how do I remember Noah? He is always on my mind, always in my heart, but I feel that I should be doing something larger. I just don't know what. It is strange this year. I have the moments of intense sadness, but mostly I just feel empty. It all seems like a dream. Almost like he never existed except I have the photos and scars to prove he was here. I miss him. How do I let him know how much I love him? How do I make peace with his loss?

4 comments:

Michele said...

Noah will always know how much he is loved. Always. He will be with you, carried in your heart like you carry Monkey in your arms.

I dont know how to make peace. I suppose it just "comes" when you least expect it. The hurt becomes a part of you and you live with it like an old friend or a worn in pair of jeans... I dont know...

Sending hugs...

Catherine W said...

I don't know how to make peace either. I only wish I had that knack myself.

But, like Michele says above, I'm certain that Noah knew, and knows, how deeply you love him. xo

Cara said...

I have missed you so much my friend. Glad to hear that Monkey is growing and being the light of your life!

Each year is its own journey as you remember Noah. I don't know if anyone ever makes peace with their loss. I haven't, but I have integrated Emma's memory and spirit into our lifes as they are. She grows with us. She exists because we do.

Glad you took the day off...whatever you do will be perfect.

Which Box said...

thinking of you and wishing you peace.