Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying…"I will try again tomorrow." ~Mary Anne Radmacher
Can it just be the tiny voice left inside of me, telling me to get out of bed? Is it the same little voice who fights through the tears and hopelessness to get dressed, get Monkey ready, and make it to work?
It has been a long few days. I can't say that anything has happened to make them so bad. I think it is just part of the process. I think it is the dread of what is to come. It seems I would be an expert in this thing called grief. I should know to expect the good days mixed in with the bad. I forgot how bad the bad ones are.
There has been a shift. I can fall asleep now, but now I wake up about 5:30 am from the most horrible dreams of being told I am not wanted and unloved. I begin thinking about my old life and how safe it felt to wake up with my best friend beside me. Now I wake up with the tape running in my head of how shitty this all is. I remember that I have to face another day alone and that it is one more day stuck in this nightmare that is my life.
I am sorry for ranting about this. I am even tired of my own thoughts and of being so sad. I don't even want to hear this story anymore. I feel like that person who refuses to move on. I am trying, but I am failing miserably. I tell myself each day that I am going through these motions in order to build my new life. It just seems to be happening so slowly.
I left for lunch today having avoided tears at lease a handful of times. Once I got in my car, the dam broke and I couldn't stop it. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I cried for my loneliness, my heartbreak, and my lost son. I want to be happy, but it just feels so out of reach. I actually wonder if I remember what it feels like to be happy.
I am praying that the quiet voice can become a roar and I will find my footing. I hope to find some inner peace that will guide my actions and help me make the right choices. So much is riding on how I make my way out of this. When I think of courage, I think of the strong, stoic hero. I am just asking for the courage to handle this with grace and be a person that my sons will be proud of. I don't need to be a hero. I just need to survive these moments when all seems lost. My courage may have failed me today, but I will try again tomorrow...





7 comments:
Oh, I think we all forget just how bad the bad ones are until they come along and catch us by surprise.
I hope that the beautiful quiet voice inside you becomes louder. xo
One step at a time.
xx
one day... one foot in front of the other... tomorrow is a new day and you will, one day, see the top of the mountain.
You are very courageous, even at moments like the one you had today. Please know that you already are a person your sons can be proud of. Thinking of you.
I actually think having a cry is a good thing. I think the trick to these blue periods is not to judge them -- they're down moments, yes, but there's a reason for them. Don't feel badly for having one (again), or an especially long week. If you can kinda be with it and know it's valid for you to feel that shitty, my guess is you'll pop out the other end a little quicker than you would otherwise.
It's great that your writing all these things down, too. I've got to think that will help in the long run.
I love that quote. I think you're in possession of great courage.
It takes great courage just to get up each day. Really. Even if it doesn't feel like it.
I really like your quote; there's another, by Eleanor Roosevelt, I think that the definition of courage is being afraid, but doing (it) anyway.
You are a great, strong, courageous woman.
Thinking of you.
p.s. Never underestimate the power and value of a good cry. It's another sign of strength.
Sue/ste
I am sorry I've been away so long. I am sorry you have been struggling.
You strength has always been there, at times a roar, at times a silent determination. Monkey keeps you going.
Look how far you have come... xoxo
Post a Comment